Folliculitis or Genital Herpes – Dermatology

Keep the area cool and dry, perhaps don’t even wear underwear to bed to allow the shaven area to breathe. Before going for my appointment I also did some web research on genital pimples, and Herpes came up first. I haven’t had many OB’s and was convinced I was having one recently because I was stressed about doing my first disclosure to a guy I am seeing. the bumps feel really hard though, like there’s a chip of a rock under my skin.. I have my appointment tomorrow, it will hopefully give me some answers. Answers: A Molluscum Contagiosum, B Herpes, C Folliculitis.

I had shaved in the area somewhat recently, so it’s possible it could just be an infected pore. Resembles bacterial infection but may have a clearly demarcated flaking edge of confluent erythema. But then, when he came back into the examining room he said he thought it also looked like Herpes and he wanted to do a culture. There are two things, however, that don’t seem consistent with herpes: 1) I have no sores or lesions in the wet (pink) areas of the vuvla, and 2) I haven’t had sexual relations with anyone in 6 years. I have not seen another cluster like that is that what it will always be for future outbreaks- a cluster of blisters? Obviously he wasn’t.

Oh, at the time, I was 2 days into a 7 day treatment of Macrobid for a UTI. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons! At about 10 to 20% of these individuals occurs due to nerve damage, often after decades to painful secondary manifestation of this viral disease, herpes zoster. Herpes can be transmitted via genital to genital rubbing from time to time, but that’s also not what you are describing and that too, was quite a while ago, too long for this to be a primary herpes infection. I had sores 2 doctors visually stated looked like herpes (02/21/11). Folliculitis is a superficial infection of the hair follicles characterized by erythematous, follicular-based papules and pustules.

Occasionally this inflammation leads to scarring. Do you have any idea what it could be? I have final exams to do, I’m having a big birthday party this weekend. Last April (2014), I finally had another sexual encounter with a girl; very brief unprotected oral from her, and protect sex (again, very brief, it had been a long time!) And, within a week, the exact same symptoms, in the same spots, same hot feeling in my legs under the skin, tingling, same small, largely painless bumps, no open ulcers, or weeping or crusting. Sign and symptoms may include the following:. Some other reasons are oils, friction, occlusion, perspiration; rubbing. They are confused form each other because they manifest somewhat the same signs and symptoms but they are completely different. Diagnosing pityrosporum folliculitis can be a bit tricky, since it is so easily confused with. I read on this forum too, not herpes unless lesion. You are most likely to get herpes if you touch the skin of someone who has herpes sores, blisters, or a rash. Genital herpes usually causes small blisters that are small and usually extremely painful (causing a kind of burning pain).

Other symptoms of herpes might be headaches, backache and flu-like symptoms, including swollen glands or fever. This is caused by HSV-1 or the Herpes Simplex Virus-1 resulting in cold sores around the mouth area, usually in the upper lip portion. Herpes zoster (the cause of shingles) may also present as folliculitis with painful pustules and crusted spots within a dermatome (an area of skin supplied by a single nerve). How can you tell the difference between folliculitis and a possible herpes outbreak? The next one came up on my groin, I pulled the one pubic hair growing out of it with tweezers and popped it. Cryptococcus albidus has recently been reported to be a rare cause of infection in humans.

Tweet. Seborrheic folliculitisare is caused by oily substances getting stuck in the hair follicles, this would result in inflammations and itchy sensations, this will also make the person scratching himself more and causing more inflammations and irritations! Consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist for thorough examination and evaluation to look for the underlying cause.